Our Favorite Links
Over the past 20 years Construction Experts has built some excellent relationships with institutions and organizations across the country. As important parts of the construction industry and education system we would like you to get to know them. As a potential student take a look at the strength of these organizations and what they have to offer. We have also included some informational links for your review.
Career advancement courses are offered in many areas of management, leadership, and quality improvement while self-enrichment courses range from accounting to web design. Additionally, the College offers more than 50 certificate programs, online courses, English language programs, and many other learning opportunities locally, regionally, and around the world.
About ABC San Diego
- ABC San Diego, established in 1976, represents construction and construction-related firms.
- Nationally, ABC’s membership includes more than half of the top 400 construction companies in the United States.
- ABC values economic freedom within a free market economy, with fair and open competition and a diverse membership constantly striving to achieve the highest levels of individual and company performance.
- The U.S. Labor Department reports that in 2014, only 13.9 percent of the workers in the construction industry were members of a labor union. The majority of construction workers—86.1 percent—chose to work in a “merit shop,” free enterprise environment. This is also true in San Diego County.
- Safety is a major focus of ABC. Our members are leaders in on the job safety with a Total Record Incident Rate of 50% and DART (days away, restricted or transferred) rate of 50% below the industry average.
The American Society of Professional Estimators serves construction estimators by providing education, fellowship, and opportunity for professional development. Education, Ethics, Standards, Certification, Fellowship… these lead to the ultimate goal Professionalism.
AGC represents more than 26,000 firms, including over 6,500 of America’s leading general contractors, and over 9,000 specialty-contracting firms. More than 10,500 service providers and suppliers are also associated with AGC, all through a nationwide network of chapters.
In our current economy, few jobs are expected to experience faster-than-average growth; however, that’s just what the Bureau of Labor statistics is expecting to happen for the role of construction estimator. Between 2010 and 2020, employment for cost estimators is projected to grow from 185,000 to 253,000 jobs—a 36-percent gain.