MEET OUR TEAM
Founder & Chairman
Mr. George revolutionized construction education making online construction estimating training courses a reality.
Bob George started Construction Experts Inc. in 1994, after teaching in the classroom and at events across the United States. He knew the advancements the internet brought meant more construction professionals could advance in their careers by taking estimating training courses online. George had a 30 year career in construction prior to starting Construction Experts Inc.
He started as a union apprentice lather and learned all he could from his supervisors to advance from laborer to superintendent to project superintendent, the most demanding job he had ever had. He knew the key to moving up in the construction industry was education. He personally experienced how quality construction education was synonymous with a career changing opportunity.
CEI has grown exponentially to offer the very best in construction estimating training courses online to help today’s construction professionals to advance their career much like how Bob did.
Bob George, Founder
Construction Experts, Inc.
- Masters of Science in Education, (Online Teaching and Learning)
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance, With Distinction
- Bachelors of Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude
Registrations and Certifications
- Fellow, Certified Professional Estimator (FCPE)
- Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning, CSU Hayward
- Court Certified Expert Witness
- Certified Cost Consultant (1986 to 2001)
- Certified Professional Estimator (1980 to present)
- Arbitrator, Member of the Panel of Arbitrators, AAA, since 1979
- Adjunct faculty at San Diego State University teaching Construction Methods and Construction Engineering to senior civil engineering students
- Adjunct faculty at California State University Hayward teaching courses in online teaching and learning
- Coordinator, Certificate in Construction Practices, San Diego State University
- Construction programs at UCSD and Mesa College, San Diego
- Seminars and Training Program development for construction industry clients
- Estimating Construction Costs (8 hour seminar)
- Construction Planning and Scheduling (10 hour program)
- Leadership and Motivation (10 hour program)
- Project Management (10 hour program)
- Cost Awareness and Production Control (10 hour program)
- Training Construction People (10 hour program)
- Construction Communications (10 hour program)
- Other 1 to 3 hour seminars, too numerous to list
- Past President, American Society of Professional Estimators (national organization)
- Past President, American Association of Cost Engineers,
- Past President, American Society of Professional Estimators,
- National Education Committee, American Society of Professional Estimators
- Associated General Contractors of America, Education Committee
- American Arbitration Association, Dispute Resolution Board
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Education Committee
Construction Project Experience
- Residential housing tracts
- High rise buildings and Condominiums
- Commercial buildings
- Tilt up buildings
- Engineering projects: Sewer, Water, Storm Drains, & Street
- Concrete projects, both structural and architectural concrete
Positions Held During 30 Years in Construction
- Vice President of Operations and Estimating
- Pre-construction Manager
- Chief Estimator
- Project Superintendent
- Construction Manager
Advance Your Career. Sign Up for Construction Estimating Training Courses Today!
"Good job on an introductory class, being new to estimating I feel this course is spot on on helping someone figure out the challenges of being an estimator."
“I really enjoyed this course. It explored many topics that I was unfamiliar with and cultivated a basic grounding of each topic every week. I use all of this information at my workplace on a daily basis and even surprised some of my bosses with many of the new things we learned."
“I really liked the entire layout of the course, I felt that it was very organized and had a lot of practice of what we were doing. I think the change orders were super beneficial as it made me think of things more in depth and by having it in a discussion format it didn’t make me scared to be wrong but glad that I could see other perspectives."