MEET OUR TEAM
Meet Greg Zimmerman, one of the instructors for CEI’s certificate program in construction estimating!
Instructor for the Following Courses:
As a construction professional with 48 years of experience, Greg Zimmerman brings his expertise to students enrolled in the certificate program in construction estimating. Zimmerman has a Bachelors of Science in Construction Management from the University of Nebraska and is certified as a LEED Accredited Professional.
He has a long affiliation with the American Society of Professional Estimators and has worked on high rise buildings and condominiums, commercial buildings, prisons and justice facilities, tilt up buildings, engineering projects (water and wastewater treatment plants, sewer, water and storm piping) and concrete projects, both structural and architectural concrete.
Greg Zimmerman, Instructor
Construction Experts, Inc.
As one of CEI’s long term instructors in the certificate program in construction estimating, Instructor Zimmerman teaches students coursework for Estimating and Bidding 1. His in-depth knowledge of estimating allows CEI students enrolled in the certificate program in construction estimating to fully grasp the strategies and practices of professional estimators for their own career advancement.
- Bachelors of Science Construction Management, University of Nebraska
Registrations and Certifications
- LEED® Accredited Professional
- Adjunct faculty at Johnson County Community College teaching CET 127 Construction Estimating
- Estimating and Bidding 1 and 2, Construction Experts Inc
- Excel Estimating Tips and Tricks
- Past President, American Society of Professional Estimators, Kansas City
- Chairman, National Education Board, American Society of Professional Estimators
- Member , National Certification Board, American Society of Professional Estimators
Construction Project Experience
- High rise buildings and condominiums
- Commercial buildings
- Prisons and Justice Facilities
- Tilt up buildings
- Engineering projects:
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants, Sewer, Water, & Storm Piping
- Concrete projects, both structural and architectural concrete
Positions Held During 47 Years in Construction
- Senior Estimator, Pre-construction and Hard Bid Estimating
- Network and Database Administrator
- Project Manager
- Senior Estimator Construction Management Resource
- Senior Estimator/Preconstruction Manager JE Dunn Construction
- Senior Estimator for Dicarlo Construction
Estimator for Butler Construction
- Estimator/ Network Administrator for Oakview Construction
Sign Up for Classes to Earn Your Certificate Program in Construction Estimating Today!
"I enjoyed taking this class. After this week I will have completed 5 of the 6 courses required for the certification. Prior to taking my first class last winter, I had next to no blueprint reading experience. After taking 5 courses through this program, I am 100% confident at print reading and quantifying take offs for work related to my trade. I have successfully landed jobs that we would never have been able to land 2 years ago. These courses have already paid for themselves."
"The most useful thing I learned this semester was calculating fill dirt and how to calculate rebar. I did not know about swell and shrink factors. Although we did not do much rebar calculations aside from the little pad footings, I found it quite fun and interesting."
"The most useful things I’ve learned this semester have been having to rehone my excel spreadsheet skills. Also, using the specific units of measurement for each line item. This is critical to achieving a competitive estimate. I have applied these skills of looking for particular details in structural drawings to identify where the footings would be found."
"Having come into this program with zero construction experience, I have learned a lot. The most beneficial, I think, is the language. Also, I have a great start to a solid foundation in reading blueprints."