MEET OUR TEAM
Instructor, Civil Construction Project Management Technician
Meet one of our instructors, Jim Moreno, who teaches our building and civil construction course!
Instructor for the Following Courses:
Jim Moreno draws from his experience as a civil construction project management technician to teach CEI’s building and civil construction course. His career experience includes large tract development water plan design, transmission pipelines, pump stations, lot subdivisions, topographical surveys, estimates, schedules, plan review and approvals. Currently, he is responsible for design, review, and construction management of land development and capital improvement projects for Santa Clarita.
Jim Moreno, Instructor
Construction Experts, Inc.
As an industry software subject matter expert, Moreno teaches CEI students enrolled in his building and civil construction course how to use computer programs like BlueBeam to create and read digital building plans.
Would you like to receive guidance from Jim Moreno in a building and civil construction course?
Enroll in any of his courses (108 Construction Equipment and Methods, 109 Practical Applications of Heavy Civil Sitework or 110 Civil Site Work Blueprint Reading and Materials) – register here.
- 2021 – 2023 California State University of Bakersfield
Bachelors of Science in Engineering Sciences with Emphasis in Energy and Power Engineering
- 2013 – 2015 California State University of Northridge
Bachelors of Science – Geology with a focus in Hydrogeology
Construction Project Experience
- Construction Project Management
- Civil Planning, Drafting, Estimates, Earthwork, Utilities, and Traffic
- Pipeline, Reservoir, and Pump Station Inspections
- Topographical Surveying
- Construction Software
- Contract Management RFP/RFI/RFQ cycle
- Scheduling and updates with MS Project
Blueprint reading, change orders, and approvals
- Construction Design Engineer
- Engineer Technician
- Pipeline and Reservoir Inspector
- Survey Technician
Software, Skills, and Certifications
- ProCore Certified Engineer
- AutoCAD (General, Civil 3D, Revit)
- Trimble Survey Equipment (R10, Lidar, SX10, S7 and S9)
- Land Surveying (Topographical, Construction Staking, Easements, ALTAs, Retracements)
- Drafting and Engineering
- Autodesk, CAD, MATLAB, Bluebeam, Solidworks
- Python, C++, ProCore
Do You Need to Add a Building and Civil Construction Course to Your Class Schedule?
"The most interesting is how we can decide between renting or purchasing the equipment and all different factors like project duration, budget, maintenance, would the new equipment be useful to the company in the future and timing for renting and purchasing.– Studying earthwork equipment help me get better understanding for the equipment used in our project and how to calculate the equipment productivity."
“The class met my expectations as I wanted an overview of civil construction processes."
“Thank you for a great 10 weeks of learning! The most important thing I personally learned was how to read and analyze blueprint plans, as this will be extremely applicable as I pivot into the construction industry in the coming months. Additionally, learning about critical documents and different types of concrete were very significant towards my future job."