MEET OUR TEAM
Instructor, Estimating and Bidding 1
Meet one of our instructors, Manny Maldonado, who teaches our construction cost estimating training course!
Instructor for the Following Courses:
Manny Maldonado, Instructor
Construction Experts, Inc.
Manny draws from his experience as a construction cost estimating training instructor from his 17 years of experience in heavy civil construction. His management experience includes working with general contractors and subcontractors. He has trained many estimators over the 75 heavy civil construction projects for Texas Department of Transportation. He now teaches CEI’s construction cost estimating training course. Maldonado teaches CEI students enrolled in his construction cost estimating training course how to use estimate, set up and use the quantity take off, like BlueBeam to create and read digital building plans.
Would you like to receive guidance from Manny Maldonado in a construction cost estimating training course ? Enroll in 105 Estimating and Bidding 1.
- 2005 St. Mary’s University, San Antonio Bachelors of Business Administration
Construction Project Experience
- Cost and quantity take offs
- Concrete materials and methods
- Highway Construction
- Estimating/ Bidding
- Managing and scheduling subcontractors
- RFIs, RFQs and RFPs
- Change Orders
- DOT Projects
- Cost Control
- City and County Projects
- Project Manager
- Change order management
- Operations Director
- Managed vendor relationships
- Survey Rodman
Software and Technology
- Excel, high level user
- HCSS Heavy Job
- HCSS Heavy Bid
- Primavera (P6)
Construction Estimating Experience
- Texas Dept. of Transportation projects from $1.5M to $65M
- Highway, bridges, street, and drainage projects $4M to $15M
- Capital projects with City of San Antonio
- All in Construction
- Flor Construction
- Ballenger Construction
- Zachry Construction
- RESULTS ORIENTED Safely constructed over 75 heavy civil construction projects for TX DOT, City of San Antonio, TX DOT Aviation, DHS, Bexar County and others
- PROBLEM SOLVER Re-phased project improving the overall safety and schedule for the owner
- MERGER & ACQUISITIONS Worked on multiple acquisitions and directed the integration of construction personnel and systems for newly acquired companies
- TEAM BUILDER Reorganized operations department into a cohesive team establishing a disciplined approach to safety and production procedures enabling the timely delivery of project completions
Do You Need to Add a Construction Cost Estimating Training to Your Class Schedule?
Visit Our Registration Page to Enroll Today!
"The most useful thing for me was to learn how to use excel rather than a notepad and a calculator. I've used some of the spreadsheets and scored a job using the methods I learned in the class. For me everything was useful learning tools."
“I feel like each week I learned a little more about formatting my estimate. I believe this benefited me the most."
“The most useful thing for me was learning how to read a sample site plan and how to calculate concrete. I feel that those 2 are very important in the starting phase of any building."