MEET OUR TEAM
Instructor, Certified Bluebeam Consultant
Troy DeGroot brings his unique knowledge and experience to the Bluebeam construction blueprint reading classes online.
Instructor for the Following Courses:
- 080 Intro to Bluebeam Projected start date Spring 2023
Troy DeGroot uses his wealth of expertise to show our students how to use BlueBeam so they can apply it to their construction blueprint reading classes online. Bluebeam is a software program that allows users to read and get information from digital drawings of buildings.
As a Bluebeam Certified Instructor and Implementation Specialist, Troy travels the country training over 2,000 students annually with customized tools and workflows to aid them in their construction blueprint reading classes online. It is these extensive and diverse training opportunities that have led Troy to becoming a requested annual presenter at AIA meetings, Bluebeam Academy and Bluebeam’s very own eXtreme Conference (XCON). When CEI students learn about Bluebeam from Troy, they are able to apply the technology directly to their reading construction drawings courses and construction blueprint reading classes online.
With over 20 years in the industry Troy DeGroot has cultivated a deep understanding of the requirements of customers, the needs of end users, common goals of management, and the capacities of the technology. He has led many companies through successful software implementations and training. Having served as the BIM Manager for a large multi-discipline engineering firm, he provides a broad understanding of the industry and the evolution of technology.
His projects have appeared on HGTV’s “What You Get For The Money”, and also “Extreme Makeover Home Edition.”
- 2007 – 2007 CAD Technology Center – Autodesk Revit
- 1996 – 1997 University of Herzing – Certificate – Architectural Drafting
Affiliations and Certifications
- Certified Bluebeam Instructor (BCI)
- Certified Bluebeam Support
- Representative (BCSR)
- AutoCAD Certified Professional
- Snagit Certified
Construction Project Experience
- Construction Project Management
Developed shop drawings for Thermomass precast concrete panels in residential construction
- Construction Software SME (Bluebeam, Revit, BIM, CAD)
- Led a business sector of 70 employees across seven offices nationwide for Ulteig Engineering
- Contract Management RFP/RFI cycle
- Engineering Project Lead for site and shelter layouts for cellular phone antennas for AT&T
- Manual drafting techniques detailing structural steel for commercial buildings
- Developed structural steel shop drawings for buildings ranging in size from small retail to large department stores for Lucas Corp with CAD
- Projects have appeared on HGTV’s “What You Get For The Money”, and also “Extreme Makeover-Home Addition”
- Senior Technical Specialist
- Product Implementation Specialist
- Senior Structural Technician
- Senior Structural Designer
- Building Information Modeling Manager (BIM)
- Lead Engineering Technician
- Structural Steel Detailer
Sign Up for More Construction Blueprint Reading Classes Online.