MEET OUR TEAM
President & Online Education Specialist
Learn more about the President of Construction Experts Inc, the woman behind CEI’s construction education courses!
As the President of Construction Experts, Inc. Lisa Thibodeaux is dedicated to bring students the very best in our construction education courses.
Her teaching career started in 2005, when she taught in a hybrid environment, instructing students both online and in person. With a degree in Liberal Studies, minors in Visual Performing Arts and Literature and Writing studies, Thibodeaux continued to pursue an advanced degree in education with a focus on online teaching and learning. She completed her Masters in Education in 2010 and started with Construction Experts Inc as the Registration Coordinator in 2012.
Ms. Thibodeaux coordinated with subject matter experts in heavy civil construction and project management to develop the Certificate in Civil Site Work in 2013 and the Certificate in Construction Project Management in 2014. She began her role as President of Construction Experts Inc in 2015 and continues to be instrumental in the growth and development of all of Construction Experts Inc’s construction education courses.
She holds certifications as a Construction Industry Technician and Construction Document Technician and has teaching credentials in California in Multiple Subjects and English. She holds leadership positions in The National Association of Women in Construction and the American Society of Professional Estimators.
She spends her time with her family and volunteers at the First Presbyterian Church in Oceanside.
- Masters in Education with a focus in Online Teaching and Learning
- BA Multiple Subjects Minors in Visual Performing Arts, Literature and Writing, Cum Laude
- Construction Industry Technician (CIT)
- Construction Document Technician (CDT)
- California Teaching Credential: English
- California Teaching Credential: Multiple Subjects
- Supplemental Authorization in Computer Concepts and Applications
Online Teaching Experience
- Julian Charter School
- River Springs Charter School
Curriculum Development and Teaching Experience
- Construction Experts, Inc. 2012- present
- Julian Charter School 2006-2012
- River Springs Charter School 2009-2010
- Fusion Academy 2005-2006
- SDSU Summer Writing Camp 2008
- NAWIC 2012 – current
- NAWIC Education Foundation (NEF) 2016-2019
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA) 2016-2019
- Computer Using Educators (CUE)
- First Presbyterian Church (FPC)
- San Marcos Writing Project (SMWP)
Positions Held in Professional Organizations
- American Society of Professional Estimators San Diego Chapter 4
- Programs Chair 2018-2019
- Vice President of Programs 2022
- NAWIC San Diego Chapter 21
- Vice President 2021-2022
- Vice President 2018-2019
- Recording Secretary 2017-2018
- Board of Directors 2014-2016
- Chair for the National Women Business Owners Focus Group
- NEF NAWIC Education Foundation
- Trustee 2016-2018
- Executive Committee Member 2018-2019
- Women Business Owners – Orange County III
Positions Held in Community Organizations
- Club Scouts Pack 752
- Committee Chair
- Recording Secretary
- Den Leader
- First Presbyterian Church Oceanside
- Elder 2016-2019
- Deacon 2022-2024
- Sunday School teacher 2017-current
- Student Ministry leader 2021-current
Sign Up Today to Enroll in More Construction Education Courses!
“This is the 8th class I’ve taken with your organization and although Intro to Est and Bidding was helpful…this class should be first!! Great course really informative and enjoyed the self pace structure.”
“I think the course was structured very well for people who are working full time plus jobs. You were able to go at your own pace as long as the work was done by end of week. I really appreciated that because this time of year, work is somewhat overwhelming and not having homework assignments due everyday made it manageable. I really enjoyed this class and feel like I learned a lot of information that I wouldn’t have learned at work.”
“The course is perfect the way it is. The assignments are the greatest strength as they make the course practical with real field scenarios.”