Construction classes students taking classes through San Diego State should review the following SDSU student information on certificate applications, dropping a class, requesting transcripts, and professor communication.

Certificate Applications

If you have started the last class required for a certificate program, fill out the online application form to start the process of having a certificate issued. Certificates for a series of classes are issued by San Diego State University and you must apply for those certificates.  The SDSU certificates are not mailed automatically.

SDSU Certificate in Construction Estimating (5 out of 6 courses)

SDSU Certificate in Construction Supervision: Emphasis in Building (8 out of 8 courses)

SDSU Certificate in Construction Supervision: Emphasis in Civil Site Work (5 out of 6 courses)

SDSU Certificate in Construction Practices (8 out of 9 courses)

SDSU Construction Project Management. (5 out of 5 courses)

SDSU Certificate in Civil Sitework Construction (5 out of 6 courses)


If you determine that you cannot continue your class, you must notify the SDSU registration office at or 619-594-5152 to officially drop the class. SDSU Refund and withdrawal policies can be found at

No refunds are due unless the course is officially dropped within the stated guidelines.

Refunds are processed by check for cash/check payments or credited to your credit card, if paid by credit.  Students can expect to receive refund checks approximately six (6) weeks from the date the request is received.

Students who stop participating without officially dropping will receive a grade of “UW” in the course. Students must have the permission of the instructor to receive an Incomplete “INC” grade at the end of the course. An Incomplete grade allows a student a specified amount of time from the date the incomplete grade is issued to make-up the incomplete course work.  The incomplete course work to be made up must be a small part of the course requirements like a final paper or project that was not complete at the end of the course.

How to obtain a free Unofficial SDSU Transcript 

  1. Go to
  2. Click on “Log In”. Read all of the information regarding your student identification number and university pin. Then “click here to login”.
  3. Enter your social security number for “user name” and your 6-digit birth date for your “password”.
  4. You will then be prompted to change your student account information. Doing so will allow you to view your unofficial transcript at the above web site once you have changed your password.

How to obtain an Official Transcript

Go to for student information about how to order your official SDSU transcript, or call 619-594-7800.

Contacting SDSU

The College of Extended Studies Registration Office can be reached at: (619) 594-5152. Fax: (619) 594-7080 or email

For technical support contact Lisa Thibodeaux. For class content questions, contact your instructor using the in class online message system.

Contact Your Instructor

Once inside the course, please use course messages if you wish to communicate with your instructor.  The course message system is best method to communicate with your instructor.

Regular email is ok but it could get lost in the spam that we all receive every day.  If you contact Lisa or your instructor with regular email be sure to include the course number and your name.

You can also call CEI at 760 634-2474 or use the contact us form on this website to get in touch.