DROP/REFUND POLICY INFORMATION FOR ALL COURSES
Need to Drop an Online Blueprint Reading Course or Another Class?
Here is what you need to know:
All refund requests must be sent directly to the school you registered with. For example, if you are registered for an online blueprint reading course through the Associated General Contractors (AGC), then you will need to go to their website to look up AGC’s drop/refund policy.
Refund requests for all courses must be submitted before the end of the 2nd week of class (for self paced courses) or the end of the 2nd module, whichever comes first.
Refer to Your School’s Refund/ Drop Policy Below
San Diego State University (SDSU)
To drop an online blueprint reading course or other class see key details below.
>>View Full Policy
You may drop/withdraw from a course online or by completing an official transaction form at the SDSU Global Campus. Forms may be submitted via secure email. Contact 619-594-5152 or email@example.com for assistance with a secure email link.
Non-attendance or notifying the instructor does not constitute officially dropping or withdrawing from a course. Students who stop attending credit courses without officially dropping will receive a grade of WU or No Credit in the class. Refunds are not automatic. NO refunds are due unless the course is officially dropped within stated guidelines in the refund schedule. Students can expect to receive refunds approximately four weeks from the date the request is received. Refunds may be applied against other amounts due the University. No refund is made for amounts of less than $10.
- a) Withdrawal via the registration website and by secure email – total fee minus $5 if class fee is less than $50 or $21 if class fee is $50 or more. (All credit course refunds are subject to a $21 administrative charge plus ASB/student fees will be deducted after the first class session.)
- b) Refund requests on or after the first day of class must be made in writing. Unless otherwise stated, in courses of five or more meetings, 65% of the fee will be refunded until 25% of the course time has elapsed, after which time there is no refund and a “W” will be recorded for the course. For courses of four or less class meetings, no refund. Online course meetings are equal to one week of class time. Drop/Refund/ Withdrawal requests made after the last day of class will be by petition only for serious and compelling reasons.
- c) The following professional development/certificate program online courses have a special refund policy: Accounting Online, Construction Online, and Health Care Online. Prior to receiving a password and logging into your online course, total fee minus $5 if class fee is less than $50 or $21 if class fee is $50 or more. (All credit course refunds are subject to a $21 administrative charge plus ASB/student fees.) Once a student has been issued a password by the online provider, and logged into the course, no refunds will be issued.
Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International (AACEI):
Withdrawals and Refunds
You may withdraw from this course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by conventional mail requesting to be dropped from the course. Non-attendance or notifying the instructor does not constitute officially dropping or withdrawing from a course. Students who stop attending courses without officially dropping will receive a grade of U in the class. Refunds are not automatic. NO refunds are due unless the course is officially dropped within stated guidelines in the refund schedule.
- a) Withdrawal received before the first day of class – total fee less a $125 cancellation fee.
- b) Refund requests postmarked on or after the first day and no later than two weeks after the first day of class will be refunded 65% of the fee, after which time there is no refund.
- c) Decision on withdrawals and refunds will be based on the date when the written withdrawal notice is received by AACE International. Drops done by mail are effective as of the postmark date.
Inland Northwest Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America (NWAGC)
Inland Northwest Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America (NWAGC) Refunds for all online blueprint reading courses and construction classes will be issued in accordance with the AGC Education Center’s official Refund Policy for Online Classes.
Here is an excerpt of their drop/refund policy:
Cancellation & Refund Policy for Online Programs
Students may request cancellation in any manner.
Applicants may cancel up to five business days after signing the enrollment agreement. In the event of a dispute over timely notice, the burden to prove service rests on the applicant.
Students canceling after the fifth calendar day but before the first lesson has been turned in will be responsible for a registration fee of $50 or 15% of tuition, whichever is greater but not to exceed $150.
If the class is terminated by the student after the first lesson has been turned in the school may retain the registration fee as established under #3 of this subsection, plus a percentage of the total tuition as described in the following table. The percentage will be calculated by dividing the total number of lessons in the class by the number of lessons turned in by the student.
If the student completes this percentage of lessons:
- 0% – 10%
- 11% – through 25%
- 26% through 50%
- More than 50%
The school may keep this % of the tuition cost:
For organizations not listed on this page, please visit their website to locate their drop/refund policy. If you have any questions, contact the organization you registered with for more information.
Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level. Register for Construction Experts Inc.’s Online Construction Classes Today!